Pine Cone Pet Hospital
Your 2011 Sartell Business of the Year
Dr. Walker Brown, Dr. Beatrice Winkler, Deb Paul Sartell Chamber President
Dr. Brown and Dr. Winkler hug after being announced as Sartell Business of the Year 2011.
“Sometimes the smallest of businesses set the example of community involvement and how to treat their patients, clients, staff and community. We truly are “Your Other Family Doctors.”
Some community organizations in which Pine Cone Pet Hospital involved.
- Sartell Chamber of Commerce: Dr. Brown is Vice President and chair of the Rock & Block street dance fundraiser.
- Minnesota School of Business: Community Partner of the Year 2010: Dr. Brown volunteers to enhance their Veterinary Technician program in career classes, round table discussions, hosting internships and hiring local graduates.
- “Kids Reading to Pets” Sartell Schools: Dr. Winkler helps challenged young readers develop confidence by reading to dogs.
- Junior Achievement Volunteer: Dr. Winkler teaches financial responsibility to Sartell 8th graders.
- Pet First Aid Veterinarian: Donation of our emergency services and a golf-cart for Tri-County Humane Society’s Walk-a-thon. Annually since 2009
- Heavy involvement in all chapters of the St. Cloud Chamber of Commerce
- Dog bite prevention and contagious parasite awareness: Back-to-School Screening, Women’s Showcase, Kids and Parents expo, Sartell Community Showcase, St. Cloud Pet Expo,
- Donations: Habitat for Humanity, Sartell Community Education Soccer Team Sponsor (annually for 10 years), Central MN Canine Agility, Tri-County Humane Society, Sartell High School Athletic Boosters
- Sartell Cub Scout tours
- Church Involvement: Both Dr Winkler and Dr. Brown are active volunteers in their faith communities.
Links to articles: